The information below is an overview of a new training program, Introduction to Industrial Construction (IIC). This is a 4-week boot camp style training program that JGC Fluor (JFJV) is offering to individuals interested in starting a career in the Trades.
Please read the following information carefully as it contains details regarding the IIC program qualifications, training locations, dates, how to apply and closing dates for applications.
The Introduction to Industrial Construction (IIC) program was developed to support and strengthen the apprenticeship model on the LNG Canada project and develop future Journeypersons locally and throughout British Columbia. JGC Fluor (JFJV) developed the program in partnership with the Industry Training Authority BC (ITA BC) and Coast Mountain College (CMTN).
The Introduction to Industrial Construction (IIC) program is a 4-week boot camp training experience consisting of practical projects in all types of weather to provide the participants an experiential understanding of industrial construction. Instructors will assess suitability for working in industrial construction as well as allowing participants the opportunity to reflect on their suitability for a career in construction.
During the 4-week period, the participant will be provided training on safety, tools, hand skills/techniques and learn about the different trades.
Location: Coast Mountain College, Terrace, British Columbia
Program Start Date: April 28th 2021
Closing date for applications: March 31st 2021
Where to apply: Click here
• Positive attitude
• Strong interest in the trades
• General knowledge of the construction industry
• Ability to work in difficult weather conditions such as heavy rain and winter conditions
• Grade 10 Required OR Mature Student
• Safety conscious and the ability to understand, and demonstrate safe work practices
• Previous experience in construction, or an industrial setting, is considered an asset
• Trades Training including Pre-apprenticeship Foundation programs is considered an asset
*Applications close March 31, 2021 and can only be submitted online through the JFJV website.